Monday, January 10

Snow Day 2011

Yes, the news reports are right.  Yes, we got snowed on again.  Which brings up the looming question in my mind which is "WHY IS IT SNOWING AGAIN IN TEXAS?!?!" 



 One of the biggest benefits of living here is NOT having snow to deal with.  We've got about 6 inches, enough to have some fun sledding.  I guess as long as it only happens once a year, I can manage.  Now, let's hope that it goes away quickly.

Of course, I DID NOT manage to get a picture of a brilliant "Only in Texas" moment in action, so I will ask you to use your imagination. . . . What does a clever Texan use as a sled on rare snowy day?  You'll never guess, so I'll show you a picture. . . .
That's right.  A broiler pan, or more specifically, the bottom half of the broiler pan.  It actually was not a bad option.   It worked much better than the Rubbermaid tubs that were popular last year

Here's some sledding footage of Tate:

No comments: