Saturday, September 11

Our weekends have officially changed, for at least the next 15 years

Today was a big day.  Today was Tate's very first soccer game.

Today, our weekends as we have previously known them, have changed for at least the next 15 years.  We are entering a new phase.  The sports phase.  The phase where we run the kids to countless practices and games, supporting them, and devoting our entire weekends to them.   A phase I have watched my sisters endure for what seems like an eternity. A phase I am simultaneously excited and frightened to enter.  Today was a big day.

Here are the video highlights of the big game (Tate is #1).  They don't officially keep score in this league, but our team, the Ninjas, beat the Wolverines at least 7 to 0.  Tate scored two goals.



And for the record, I am not sure who that obnoxious woman is - the one hollering endlessly at Tate. Next week I am going to tell her to keep it down.  Or maybe I should take it easy on her.  Maybe she is entering a new phase . . . .

2 comments:

Katie Hughes Photography said...

Yes, it's only just begun! But it sure is a great time watching them. The driving them around part gets a little old, actually alot old, but it's all worth it!

The Ford Family said...

I love it! You sound just like I did, you can try to keep quiet but it isn't easy. Coy would always give the sshh!! look but who cares you are the proud Mama. Enjoy every minute.