Monday, September 20

The first of many?

I once asked a doctor, "How do you know if a cut needs stitches?"  He responded, "Oh, you'll know."  Turns out he was right. . . .  well sort of.  

This is how it went down.  Coy was practicing his balance on the side of a pool by standing in a toy boat that was hanging half over the edge.  As it started to tip into the pool, Coy tried to catch himself with his chin.  Brandon and I watched from just out of reach as the whole thing happened in slow motion.  I thought for sure he was going to a) bite through his tongue, b) lose his front teeth, and c) split his chin open.  Turns out just his chin split. It also turns out that they can just glue these things back together.  I was amazed at how quickly and easily it worked.  As we were leaving the urgent care facility, I asked if I could get a to-go bag with the glue so I could save myself the $50 the next time (and I am sure there will be a next time).  They said no.  

1 comment:

Katie Hughes Photography said...

OUCH! I am sure it is just the first of many. For the record, I super glue a split on my heal quite regularly and it works like a charm.